Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Well, travelling home from work at 5.00pm today things were looking promising, lovely clear sky.

So, got in fed the dog etc and generally rushed around to get changed and get the scope set up. Polar alignment was a breeze, set the scope aimed at Capella and started tracking while I dashed back into change again, I'd bought some thermals just after xmas so wanted to try out the long sleeve vest (just like my grand father used to wear!).

Rushed back outside again and Capella was still in the centre of the FOV!

Then I noticed the clouds....managed to get a lovely view of the Pleiades with the 40mm EP (25x mag). Then the clouds were everywhere :o(

I only had an hour or so tonight free as I have to do some work after supper!

What a let down, will try to get out later if I get the time and if it clears up of course!

later
Mitch

3 comments:

  1. Didnt you see the comet mitch brillant view just as the sky went dark around 17.00.

    MS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was Venus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venus was to the left of the comet really obvious with a giant of a tail.

    ms

    ReplyDelete