Friday, February 09, 2007

We had our first proper snow yesterday morning but by this morning it was almost gone. Then as I drove home at 3:45pm the snow came again, this time it seems the gritting lorries were caught out, the roads are now terrible.

So definitely no observing tonight, I've just been playing with a planetary motion applet, I got interested in this from the OU course and found this applet via Google.

I'm trying to get my head around the size/mass of the sun and planets and their distances and therefore how much gravitional force exists between say the Sun and Jupiter in order to have trapped Jupiter in a perpetual orbit.

later
Mitch

2 comments:

  1. We did have some brief snow here in lincs but that was soon replaced by rain. were abouts in the UK do you live mitch???

    mark_smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,

    I live at Burton Upon Trent which is on the border between Derbyshire and Staffordshire.

    We had loads of snow last evening but it had mostly melted by this morning.

    Now it's just cloudy with some rain.

    cheers
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete